post office fire.jpg

The post office caught fire this morning after a suspected lightning strike hit one of the lamp posts and shorted out the wiring in the wall, according to supervisor John Goode.

The Shelbyville Post Office caught fire Tuesday morning after a suspected lightning strike hit one of the two lamp posts outside the front doors.

Supervisor John Goode said it’s unofficial, but the strike caused an electrical short in the wall of the building and caught the mostly wooden door frame on fire.